Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Clearing the message queue as they arrive would do the trick using a
message handling program.
I had originally hoped to fix the problem with a parameter value.

It is designed this way in part because it also checks a flag in a
database to see if should continue to run
(infinite loop control structure). I have considered the data queue
technique, but personally have never used it. By far this would be the
more efficient thing to do: waiting for a message from the data queue,
then checking the database value to see if it should continue to run.

The data queue would have to be attached to an out queue. And I think
that a data queue cannot be added to an out queue if the queue is
already created. Is this true?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Erick