  • Subject: Re: Sv: Setting the date ahead for Y2K testing
  • From: "O'Connor, Peter H." <PHOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:08:40 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
>Chuck wrote above:
What not use a product like Simdate or something and forget all the other
hassle
?<

>Peter H. O'Connor wrote:
>
>> Testing for Y2K can be an experience.  Here is what to do to save your
>> mind.
>>
>> 1.  SAVSTG
>> 2.  Do your testing
>> 3.  RSTSTG when done
>>
>> If you don't follow these instructions, you might want to change jobs.
>>
>> Peter H. O'Connor
>> PAE Inc.
>> 7 Riverway Rd.
>> Salem, MA 01970-5343
>> 978-744-8612(T)
>> 978-745-7945(F)

There is nothing like to real stuff doing testing.  Simulation mode does
NOT test everthing and everything has to be tested.  You will have things
happen in simulation mode that will not in the real world and vise versa.
These products work on changing a job date but there are other thing that
run automated that will NOT be touched by a simulation product.    If you
don't try the real thing, prepare your resume.

Peter H. O'Connor
PAE Inc.
7 Riverway Rd.
Salem, MA 01970-5343