From:   owner-midrange-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]
On Behalf Of Zukowski, Donna
Sent:   Thursday, 28 May 1998 0:15
To:     'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Cc:     'Kris Vaidyanathan'
Subject:        RE: Bypass2000 : Bringing the millennium

Hi, Kris!  I'd be interested in hearing about your front-end tool.

We are using Search2000 and Bypass2000 in our conversion effort.  We've
had a few issues (Bypass won't convert CLP's and it doesn't convert 7,0
CYYMMDD date fields to 8,0 YYYYMMDD), but overall the project is
progressing as well as one can expect.  The changes are just grunt work.
What I find the most challenging is the determination of which
applications to work on in which order.  There are very few systems that
are stand alone and do not interface with others in some way.  We have
files that are used across almost all applications, but we can't change
the entire system in one shot.  Quite a dilemma, but one that I see
taking shape.

Donna Zukowski
Year 2000 Project Manager
BIC Corporation