  • Subject: Sv: Bypass2000 : Bringing the millennium
  • From: "Henrik Krebs" <Henrik.Krebs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:56:23 +0200

Have delievered my first Y2K-tape to the customer with a BP2000-converted
application for test. I believe in the tool.

Tips?
Well:
 o Install all PTF's and check for new ones from time to time.
 o Understand the /COPY-subroutines inserted by BP2000.
 o Read the 'extra' manuals that you can download from
      http://www.software.ibm.com/ad/as400/bypass/
      or is it http://www.halinfo.it/nindex.html ?
 o Try to solve as many problems as possibly within BP2000. Even after having
created
      converted source you should 'fix' the original source or define year
usage of
      internal fields and repeat from the analyze-step.

What's the front end tool?
One of my tools - created for this purpose  - is free for your use. Se my page
below.

Regards

Henrik Krebs

Henrik Krebs
IT Consultant (IBM AS/400)
Phone +45 31 57 83 23
Mobile +45 40 88 83 23
Email: Henrik.Krebs@Scout.Net
Web: http://users.cybercity.dk/~dko3534
Snailmail: Amagerbrogade 62, 3-24, DK-2300 Copenhagen