Well, still having problems w/ NWSAA. Our original goal was to get Client Access
file transfer functions to work. To work toward that, I realize that we need to
apply a service pack (already have it, not installed) to SAA 2.0. We are setting
up a new SAA server for testing.

The problem: Original SAA control point CPNAME (default control point name) can
and does establish LUs with the AS400, but the new SAA server uses control point
CANAME (defined in CSCON for SAA) that does not seem to be able to contact the
AS400.

I created an APPC controller specifying a remote CP of CANAME and attached to
our token ring line. RTVCFGSRC listing below:
/*                                     CANAME      5/12/98 15:52:34 */
CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(CANAME) LINKTYPE(*LAN) ONLINE(*YES) APPN(*YES) +
         CODE(*EBCDIC) MAXFRAME(16393) RMTNETID(APPN) +
         RMTCPNAME(CANAME) EXCHID(0564A22B) INLCNN(*DIAL) +
         DIALINIT(*LINKTYPE) SWTDSC(*NO) ROLE(*NEG) +
         ADPTADR(006097A4A22B) DSAP(04) SSAP(04) LANFRMRTY(10) +
         LANCNNRTY(10) LANRSPTMR(30) LANCNNTMR(70) LANACKTMR(1) +
         LANINACTMR(100) LANACKFRQ(1) LANMAXOUT(7) +
         LANACCPTY(*CALC) LANWDWSTP(*NONE) CPSSN(*YES) +
         NODETYPE(*ENDNODE) HPR(*YES) TMSGRPNBR(1) +
         MINSWTSTS(*VRYONPND) AUTOCRTDEV(*ALL) AUTODLTDEV(1440) +
         USRDFN1(*LIND) USRDFN2(*LIND) USRDFN3(*LIND) +
         CMNRCYLMT(2 5) MDLCTL(*NO) TEXT(*BLANK)
CHGCTLAPPC CTLD(CANAME) SWTLINLST(S02031LN)

When I DSPAPPNINF *topology, the link to CANAME seems to be active, but the
controller is *VRYONPND and never actually seems to vary on.
                         Display Link Destination Nodes
                                                             System:   S02
 Origin control point . . . . . . . . . . . :   S02
   Origin network ID  . . . . . . . . . . . :     APPN

 Position to  . . . . . . . .              Control point
   Network ID . . . . . . . .

 Type options, press Enter.
   5=Display link characteristics

       Control    Network      TG     Link       Disconnect   Valid Routing
 Opt   Point      ID         Number   Active     in Process    Information
                  APPN           1    No          No            Yes
       CANAME     APPN           1    Yes         No            Yes
       CPNAME     APPN          21    Yes         No            Yes
       S01        APPN          21    Yes         No            Yes
       S01        APPN          22    Yes         No            Yes

                                                                         Bottom
 F3=Exit   F5=Refresh   F6=Print information   F12=Cancel

Any ideas why I can't get the new NWSAA to establish a connection?

TIA,

Eric A DeLong
ericadelong@pmsc.com