  • Subject: Re: Work/skill testing
  • From: HAVEAJOB <HAVEAJOB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 12:47:37 EDT

Questions for the midrange list regarding previous testing procedures...

I've had a couple of clients offer to let me compile some of their in-house
testing questions.  While I'm not a programmer myself, I do believe that I
could perhaps use this compilation and testing methodology to put together a
brief screening test.  With that in mind,

1) What formats would be of preference yet sufficient to be in-depth?  Ie,
multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, etc.?

2) Should this be targeted by language/version (RPG3 vs RPG4 vs RPG-ILE, etc),
general system questions, or a mix of both?

3) To what extent should general computing be considered?  Obviously, PC's and
connectivity issues are too much of an aset in an employee to ignore.

4) What other factors should I consider in regards to testing parameters that
would meet MIS managment needs?

5) Would a test be more successful taken in person under pressure, or would an
interactive format over the internet be feasible?  The test could be
restricted, timed, and assigned by client company code, or even paid for by
the testee.  Thoughts?

6) If and when I get this completed over the next few weeks, would anybody out
there be willing to take a look and provide me with specific feedback?

Dave Brown
haveajob@aol.com
800-239-1410 x2205