  • Subject: Routing Users Queries to Specific JOBQ other than their JOBD JOB
  • From: John Carr <74711.77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 20:37:03 -0400

RE:     Routing Users Queries to Specific JOBQ other than their JOBD JOB

>We are searching for a way to route all user's Batch
>Submitted Queries to a specific Job Queue just for
>queries.  This Job Queue will be independent of the Job
>Queue specified in the user's Job Description.
>
>i.e.  All other batch jobs go to their regular Job
>Queue, but when a Batch Query is submitted from the IBM
>AS400 Query Menues, the Query will go to another
>specifiec Queue so as not to intefere with processing in
>the other Queues.
>
>Bill Harrell

Bill
Have the all user profiles go to a jobq that is not active.  Have a
back ground job looking at the jobq and moving the jobs to the correct
jobq for that particular function.  Simple, easy to write and it
gives you the ability to split other jobs to different jobq's depending
on the job.

John Carr
EdgeTech