> > Does anyone know how one could easily prevent Client Access for
> > Windows 95 from putting the "AS/400 Operation Navigator" on the
> > Windows 95 Desktop or anywhere else on the PC?
>
> To get it off the desktop easily, just right-click the shortcut and delete
> the shortcut from the desktop (older versions of CA/400 didn't put the
> shortcut on the desktop but rather put the real OpsNav there).

Understood that it is easily removed via a right-click and delete (which is
what we've been doing). But these installs are a result of a V4R2 upgrade
where
the CAWIN stuff is upgraded via "Check Version" and we have no control short
of
walking to every 95-based PC we've got to do the removal job by hand. I was
hoping
for another answer.

We also understand that "Check Version" has had it's problems but they've
seem to
have been solved since V3R1M2 so we've re-enabled it in the startup folder
with a
30 second delay and it's been fine.

Btw, another similar and equally annoying feature of V3R1M3 CAWIN95 is the
"Preview Client Access" introduction screen that is enabled for every
install
as part of the Win 95 startup and has to be told not to run.

Basically, my inquiring was an attempt at avoiding what happened to me this
past
Monday after the upgrade: A lot of confused and potentially dangerous
end-users!

Thanks to everyone who responded. Hope you've got more answers for me on
this one!