• Subject: Personnal DB2 and the AS/400
  • From: John Bussert <jbussert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:54:47 -0500

Has anyone got DB2 for NT or 95 working with the AS/400?  I am trying to
figure our the setup and connection paramaters as well as determine how to
create a database that looks line one on the 400 for Java programming and
replication tests.  The doc on this is like much of the other doc,  it
assumes you will spend months trying to figure out that one command that
does the whole thing, but you don't know what it is!  Ah, we technologist
are such suckers (is this a bad word?) for commands and buttons!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if anyone is using this
tool for something productive, I would love to hear about what you are
doing and why you are using this approach.  From what little I have seen,
DB2 is at least as useful as MS SQL Server and maybe easier to manage.

John Bussert
Swift Technologies
847-289-8939 Fax