  • Subject: Re: APPN tunneling or pass-through router configuration w/ CAWIN 95
  • From: MARK_WELTE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:41:06 -0400

John,

I've not done it with Windows 95 and Client Access, but we are doing it
with Windows NT 4.0 and Client Access. Bascially, you put multiple systems
on the same router configuration. The first system that you enter is the
box that you can access directly from your PC. Then, add the second system.
To the right of the system name, it will say something like (via SYSTEMA),
where SYSTEMA is the first system that you added to the router.

The only problem I can see with doing this is that if SYSTEMA is down, then
you can't get to SYSTEMB. This may be a concern for you. For us, if SYSTEMA
(production) is down, we won't be to worried about accessing SYSTEMB
(development). :)

Good luck,
Mark

jmuirh@internetmci.com on 04/15/98 12:10:10 AM