Art:
3 comments.
1.  You can use a CL program to do the dial (change the controller to
cnntyp(*immed) ) and keep the controller varied off unless you wish to
connect and send data.  By varying on the controller, you will establish
the connection.  Your CL can check the connection by doing a RTVCFGSTS for
the DEVICE.  It will return a return code of 60 if it is active, you can
then start your RPG program.  If you wish to check the file on the remote
system, you can do an ALCOBJ for the DDMF.

2.  Another method may be to have your RPG program write to local files and
then use DDM or SNADS to move the file to the remote system as a batch.
Just a thought.  You could use a CPYF to copy the data from the local file
to the DDMF and your CL program could monitor to be sure the copy worked OK...

3.  Or you could write an APPC program... certainly more eficient.

HTH.

Carl

Carl J. Galgano
http://cgalgano.home.mindspring.com