> Booth,
>       You should be eligible.  This program started with the 4R2 announcement
> with I believe was in late September.  You must have installed a 6xx box by
> March 31 and you must have the paperwork in by the end of this month.  You
> can get the ball rolling by contacting Sergei Sonin  @
>  SNSONIN@ESIGROUP.ORG .  HTH.

In Canada, the program was withdrawn at the end of 1997.  (See
announcement letter below.)  Check for details in your home country.

IBM Announcement Letters (Canada) - Document A97-0529

IBM Network Station & IBM Server Seed Program

May 21, 1997
Announcement Letter Number: A97-0529

OVERVIEW

REVISED JANUARY 9, 1998 TO INDICATE PROGRAM HAS BEEN
WITHDRAWN EFFECTIVE DECEMBER
31, 1997.

This program has been withdrawn effective December 31, 1997.

The new IBM Network Station enables customers to concurrently access the
IBM AS/400®, RS/6000(TM) and System
390® servers, as well as Windows, Internet, Lotus Notes, Groupware and Java
applications.

IBM believes that this technology is so crucial to the future of network
computing that effective May 21, 1997, the IBM
Network Station and IBM Server Seed Program is being offered to customers
who commit to install an IBM Network
Station within 30 days of their installation date of the eligible RS/6000 or
AS/400 server or upgrades they have purchased
or leased. (See below for a listing of eligible products.)

IBM will ship at no additional charge one IBM Network Station and offer very
attractive pricing on IBM screens (see
Charges section) to customers who adhere to the terms of this offering.
Customers are required to provide input to IBM on
the value of the IBM Network Station. Program is limited to one no charge
Network Station for each eligible
Server/Upgrade installed on or after May 21, 1997.

Customers must be at operating system software levels of V3R2, V3R7 or
higher for AS/400 and AIX version 4.1.5 or
higher for RS/6000 and must have Ethernet or Token Ring Connectivity.

IBM may change or withdraw this offering at any time without notice. Orders
received by IBM before any such change or
withdrawal will not be affected.

     Eligible Server Product to be purchased/leased:

          AS/400 Model 9406, including model upgrades to the 9406 (except for
9406 Model 600 with feature #2129)

          RS/6000 Models 7025 F50, 7013 J50 and 7015 R50

     No charge Network Station included with each eligible Server product:

          91H0501 - 8361-100 Ethernet 16MB, 1MB video

          or

          91H0509 - 8361-200 Token Ring 16MB, 1MB video

Limit of one no charge Network Station for each eligible Server or Upgrade.

  Peter Schaefer
  Manager Computer/Operations
  Ontario Universities' Application Centre
  P.O. Box 1328
  650 Woodlawn Road West
  Guelph, Ontario, CANADA
  Telephone: (519) 823-1940 ex. 226    Fax: (519) 823-5232