  • Subject: New Software
  • From: Heyer <heyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 20:01:33 +0300

I thought you all would benefit from this new IBM AS/400 program!!

This memo is to announce the development of a new software system.

 We are currently building a data center that will contain all firm
 data that is Year 2000 compliant.  The program is referred to as
 the "Millennium Year Application Software System" (MYASS).

 Next Monday at 9:00 there will be a meeting in which I will show
 MYASS to everyone.  We will continue to hold demonstrations
 throughout the month so that all employees will have an opportunity
 to get a good look at MYASS.

 As for the status of the implementation of the program, I have not
 addressed the networking aspects so currently only one person at a
 time can use MYASS.

 This restriction will be removed after MYASS expands.  Several
 people are using the program already and have come to depend on it.
 Just this morning I walked into a subordinate's office and was not
 surprised to find that he had his nose buried in MYASS.

 I've noticed that some of the less technical personnel are somewhat
 afraid of MYASS.  Just last week, when asked to enter some
 information into the program, I had a secretary say "I'm a little
 nervous, I've never put anything into MYASS before."  I volunteered
 to help her through her first time and when we were through she
 admitted that it was relatively painless and that she was actually
 looking forward to doing it again.  She went so far as to say that
 after using SAP and Oracle, she was ready to kiss MYASS.

 I know there are concerns over the virus found in MYASS upon
 initial installation, but I am pleased to say the virus has been
 eliminated and we were able to save MYASS.  In the future, however,
 protection will be required prior to entering MYASS.

 We planned this database to encompass all information associated
 with the business.  So as you begin using the program, feel free to
 put anything you want to into MYASS.  As MYASS grows larger, we
 envision a time when it will be commonplace to walk by an office
 and see a manager hand a paper to an employee and say "Here, stick
 this in MYASS."

 This program has already demonstrated great benefit to the company.
 In a recent audit, an employee was asked where he had secured the
 numbers on the report.  He proudly exclaimed "I just pulled them
 out of MYASS."