  • Subject: Re: Last Used Date
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:39:02 -0700

Al,

Al Barsa, Jr. wrote:

> At 01:24 PM 4/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
> Pete,
>
> With all due respect, I disagree.  Although I am unable to find a program
> created before V2R1 that I still use, I have found several files created on
> a System/38.

Just out of curiosity, does the AS/400 that this file lives a RISC machine?  I
could believe that the re-encapsulation process would reset the bit that causes
object usage to be counted.

Heck, it may even be the restore process itself that causes this bit to get
toggled.  Easy enough to test, maybe the original questioner could save and
restore one of these objects.

jte

--
John Earl Lighthouse Software Inc.
8514 71st NW Gig Harbor, WA 98335

Without Lighthouse Network Security/400, your AS/400 is wide open.