  • Subject: Re: CA file transfer mode description.
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:07:16 -0500

I think there maybe a netware patch to fix this check out
--->http://support.novell.com/products/nwsa4021/
I searched for "download 95" and found the following hit.

Good Luck
Bryan Dietz

(From Novell)
Netware for SAA & CA/400 Win95 file transfer.  (Last modified: 28MAY1997)

This document (2922044) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of
 this document.
    Forward this document to a colleague
    Submit comment about this document to its author

Symptom

The customer was attempting to use the file transfer function of IBM Client
 Access/400 for Windows 95 to transfer files to and from an AS/400
via Netware for SAA AS/400 Edition. This would fail. This is fixed in APAR
JR09091. After applying this fix, file transfer then worked but still
failed intermittently. When these file transfers failed it was determined
that the QSERVER process has abended on the AS/400 and this was
occurring because the user was downloading System/36 format files from the
AS/400. This type of file transfer is not supported by the AS/400.

Solution

Apply APAR JR09091 to Netware for SAA. This APAR fix is available in the
the patch SAA21030.EXE for Netware for SAA AS/400 Edition and
in the patch SAA20040.EXE for Netware for SAA 2.0. These patches can be
downloaded from the NWSAA Level 2 website
http://www.networking.ibm.com/nsa/nsamain.htm

                               Please select if this document solved your
problem.

 Document Title:                     Netware for SAA & CA/400 Win95 file
transfer.
 Document ID:                     2922044
 Creation Date:                     04MAR97
 Modified Date:                     28MAY97
 Document Revision:                     2
 Novell Product Class:                     LAN-to-IBM Host Connectivity
 Novell Product and Version:                     NetWare for SAA 2.1
(AS/400 Edition)

  NetWare for SAA 2.0

ericadelong@pmsc.com on 03/30/98 11:54:53 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com