  • Subject: Re: IBM Supportline Woes!
  • From: DAsmussen <DAsmussen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:57:41 EST

Jeff,

> Wow!  Did I just get blasted by IBM Supportline!
>
>  I've been on an hourly supportline contract for probably 18 mos. or so.
>  During all that time, every problem I reported resulted in 1 or more
>  PTFs meaning I wasn't billed.  Or so I thought.  Today I got the
>  following 7 (!) invoices, all dated March 23, 1998:
<<snip>>

Unlike other problems, which are recent occurrences (and most of which have
been fixed), IBM's billing department has had problems since the company's
inception.  OK, perhaps _THAT's_ a little much.  AFAIK, Billing has only had a
problem since 1978, when I first started working with the S/3 M10.  DO NOT PAY
this bill!  It will probably take you a decade or more (again, a _slight_
exaggeration) to straighten it out, but get your documentation together and
keep calling until you _FINALLY_ find someone that can resolve this at
headquarters -- when he answers, tell Lou I said hello ;-).  IMO, _every
single_ invoice from IBM is suspect, and should be regarded with the same
consideration you'd give someone that "sent you the information you requested"
over the Internet.  IBM is _far_ too comfortable with people paying their
bills just because of the name on them, and frequently mis-bills, double-
bills, or sometimes even triple-bills their customers.  Keep track of what
charges you incurred, and what you have already paid.  Double-payment refunds
usually come only to those accounts that ask for them.  I think that they must
be using their own old versions of either MAPICS or DMAS to track A/R...

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Happiness is biting your bird back." -- Anonymous