  • Subject: Re: MIDRANGE-L Digest V2 #147
  • From: Del Cecchi <dcecchi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:27:57 -0600 (CST)

Excerpts from mail: 19-Mar-98 MIDRANGE-L Digest V2 #147 MIDRANGE-L
Digest@midran (41347)

> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:41:59 -0800
> From: Pat Barber <MBOCEANSIDE@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: Re: IBM Maintenance Withdrawal

> Neil Palmer wrote:
> >
> > Oooohhhh  !  Seriously bad news for IBM customers.  As of the end of
> > 1998 IBM is withdrawing maintenance coverage from the following state of
> > the art machines !

> If this didn't make me feel bad enough,,, AARP sent me a letter this
> week and Social Security sent me a copy of my earning that dates back
> to around the time that a "ThinkPAd" was a large yellow legal pad...

> I actually remember how most of that stuff works.......
> +---

Remember how it works?  There are still a few of us around that helped
design it.  Don't forget that those 8" floppy drives were designed in
Rochester, too.  I think it was invented in San Jose, but we really
commercialized it.  Still got one in the corner of my office.

But regardless of what some of the new guys around here think, I did not
work on the 407.

Del Cecchi
IBM Rochester, MN
Personal Opinions Only