  • Subject: SQL Extraction
  • From: Matt.Feeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Mar 98 13:35:15 +0000
  • Alternate-Recipient: Prohibited
  • Autoforwarded: FALSE
  • Conversion: Allowed
  • Conversion-With-Loss: Allowed
  • Delivery-Date: 12 Mar 98 13:44:40 +1000
  • X400-Content-Type: P2-1988
  • X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=ausgovdefencenet/ADMD=telememo/C=au;XGW-980312134140+1000-31065]
  • X400-Originator: Matt.Feeney@hr-m.b-m.defence.gov.au
  • X400-Received: by mta b&m-mta1 in /PRMD=ausgovdefencenet/ADMD=telememo/C=au; Relayed; 12 Mar 98 13:44:18 +1000
  • X400-Recipients: MIDRANGE-L@Midrange.com

     I am using SEQUEL to extract data from a table to place into an
     Outfile. When a negative number is encounted on the table and written
     to the Outfile, it writes the last numeric and negative symbol as a
     character.

     The following is the SQL and CL information:

     SQL:
     Select * from crbm/dof_per where dp_pay_id = 16 (simple !)

     CL:
     Sequel/Excute view(smqrydfn/disp_dp) outfile(ftplib)

     Number on the table:   276.12- Zoned
     Number on the Outfile: 0002761K

     If I run an SQL query on the Outfile the data looks good. If I look at
     the data using DSPPFM, the data has characters showing for negatives.

     Why is this happening ? How do I get around it ?

     Matt Feeney
     Dept of Defence
     Australia