Michael,

It depends. Do you have other machines that need to access both
the NT Server, the Internet and the AS/400?

If not, then you could assign the AS/400 an IP from the 10.1.1.x
network.  Then on the NT box, give it a second IP address that
is in the 10.1.1.x network.  This way, it would be able to talk
to both networks.

If you have other machines that require IP access to the AS/400
and the Internet, you could turn IP forwarding on your NT box.
 With the appropriate routes on the NT server, it would act as a
router for your other machines (with InterNic assigned address)
use the NT box as a router.  You would have to change their
Default Gateway to be the NT box.

You may also be able to set this same thing up on your Internet
router.  There are actualy several ways you can achive your
goal.  This is just 2 of them.  There are probably others and
they might even be "better".

If your AS/400 has an IP address of 10.1.1.x, the NOBODY from
the Internet will be able to get to it.  Unless of course they
telnet to your NT box (assuming TelNet is on) and then telnet
from the NT box to your /400.  But barring this, every router in
the Internet will throw a 10.1.1.x (Actually, 10.anything)
source or target address out...so you are very safe....unless
the hacker gets into a box that will can see both networks.  And
then if your have NAT (Network address translation) active
someplace, all bets are off.

Not meaning to start another NT vs AS/400 or "stinking NT"
discussion, but do not be ashamed of having an NT server!  There
are some things the AS/400 JUST WON'T DO!  And a few that it
won't do well.  Especialy if you are not on V4R2. Not to mention
legacy stuff.  Pick the tool appropriate for the job.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications

PS: There are several "local network address ranges" defined.
 10.anything is just the one I use.  You should definitely use
one of the official local network ranges for your arbitrary IP
address's.