wrote (in part):

>BTW, for some reason I can type faster at a PC then I do at a
>know why...

There's a psychological factor involved:  If you know that every time your
finger strikes a key, you'll hear a "CHUNK-ah" from the little golfball,
you'll -wait- until you hear it!  On a PC (if you have key clicks turned
off), you only hear the mechanical noise of the keys as you strike them (I
guess the fact that it's a more 'immediate' response makes your brain
accept -that- noise).

Our keypunchers used to want us to perform 'clickerectomies' on the old
5250 terminals; they claimed they were 'slower' when the clickers were on.

--Paul E Musselman