Terry,

I think what Booth was saying was something along the lines of
"If you want to be as productive as possible, use Code/400".

Yes you can be productive using SEU, but you can be MUCH MORE
productive using Code/400.

And there will always be a need for having SEU for the cases you
point out.  Just like I actually used EDLIN a year or so ago!
 And the only thing worse than EDLIN is vi.

Though Booth and I disagree on other subjects, this is one we
are in total agreement on.  Using a full featured GUI source
editor will make you wonder how you tolerated SEU for so long.

But you must give it a chance.  It will take some getting used
to.  After all, you have probably been using SEU for a very long
time (I've used it since it was U1540 on the Sys/3 model 15D).
 And you are very familiar with it.  Give it a week or two at
least.  And learn the keyboard shortcuts.

The thing I don't understand is why don't they teach typing at
the computer schools?  I've never heard of typing 101 being a
requirement at any level: High School, Vocational Technical,
Community College,  or University.  It is not high speed word
processor typing we need as must of the typing we do is what I
call "burst mode".  20 or 40 keystrokes (for RPG, 50 or 100 for
C/C++ and 1,000 for Cobol <g>...ducking) think a bit, then
another burst.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications