  • Subject: Re: Re:RPG on other platforms
  • From: "David Prowak" <prowakd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:49:55 -0500

Actually, you answered it with your reference to DSPACCGRP.
I just wanted to check on the size of the PAG as I work with activation
groups
in ILE.

On a seperate issue, in a previous posting, you mentioned the AS/400
programmer market
in upstate NY.  Your in Albany right?  I work for the City of Syracuse.
Was your comment concerning the market in general, or more specifically how
most
of the shops are "plain-Jane", not exactly cutting edge?
In Syracuse, we have many AS/400 shops, and there is a real shortage of
experienced
programmers.  We've (the City) been trying off & on to hire an experienced
programmer
for 1.5 years now.  Its not gonna happen.  We were getting ready to run
another adv,
and I was able to identify 11 companies looking for experienced AS/400
programmer's.
With that, we came to the realization that we are just not going to be able
to attract
an experienced candidate.
Now if you ask me how cutting edge these companies are, well it depends on
what
you consider cutting edge.
Anyways, I just thought I'd share some thoughts from central NY.

Thanks for the previous reply.
Dave

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com