>Just out of curiousity, has anyone had any major problems with their
>software systems after doing an upgrade of the OS/400.  If yes, what was
>affected and what were the results?  I am probably going to upgrade from
>3R7 to 4R1 and wanted to know what to look out for.
>TIA,
>Gary Feinstein
>AS/400 System Administrator
>Planet Hollywood International Inc.

Be sure to contact all of your package software vendors to see if they will
tell you of any problems or patches you may encounter or need.  Many
software vendors do have updates for new versions (and sometimes new fees.
):    )

We've never had any major problems during upgrades.  We usually have
programmers on call; they dial in and check out things afterwards to make
sure everything still works.  That stops those nasty 6 AM Monday Morning
phone calls.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com

+---