Re: Is there a way to......

  • Subject: Re: Is there a way to......
  • From: Tim Truax <truax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:08:52 -0500

fixed

Hi Brian & Dawn,
Why rename (prefix) the fields?  Just rename the record format name.  Read the
main file A and if it is a record that meets your qualifications for addition to
file B, just write the record out to B.  The fields will be automatically
predefined as they will have been read from the A file.
--
:-) Tim & Dana Truax (-:

Brian k Stapleton wrote:

> Greetings All;
>
> I want to read file A, if I decide to delete this record, then I want to
> write this record to File B, and then delete the record in File A.
>
> Is there a way to move the entire record in file A to File B?  A move
> statement doesn't cut it.

+---