Re: Updating SMTP System Alias Table

fixed

>Hi all,
>
>I've been trying to find a command to update the SMTP System Alias table so
>I can use it in a program but I can't find one. You can run it
>interactively from the WRKNAMSMP comand or from the Configure TCP/IP SMTP
>menu but I can't find a command that updates it (similiar to CHGDIRE for
>SNADS). Does anyone know of a command that does this?
>
>If not, I have identified that this information is stored in
>QUSRSYS/QATMSMTPA so I could write a program to do the updates directly to
>this file. Does anyone know of any other files I need to worry about?
>
>TIA
>

>Mark Burns

Check the TCP/IP manual.  One of the appendices includes the file layouts
of the SMTP files!  We have utilities that create aliases (alii?) by
writing records to the file.  Maintenance can't be any more difficult!

The QATMSMTPA file is the one you need for global aliases.  For personal
aliases, there's another file.  You only need to worry about one or the
other for a given user.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com

+---