Re: CL enhancements

  • Subject: Re: CL enhancements
  • From: qappdsn@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:03:11 -0800

fixed

Chris,

My remarks weren't directed at you or Mark it's just that the thread had gone
on long
enough with general "whining" and your post just happened to be the one I hit
the reply
button on.

I too would like to see an ability to externally define variables and have
subroutines,
and if I can't get that I'll settle for a /COPY like function to incorporate
standardized
code.  For example at the end of every CL program we have a message forwarding
process in
the event of a CPF error not expliciatly handled within the program.

But even at that, a subroutine is just another call and a display file
declaration can
give you external variable definition.

Regards
James W. Kilgore
qappdsn@ibm.net

Chris Rehm wrote:

> ** Reply to note from qappdsn@ibm.net Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:51:42 -0800
>
> <<snip>>
>
> I am not sure I follow you. I think Mark and I both agree that CL is a
> useful tool, but Mark would like to see it enhanced to include more
> functions so that it would be more of an application language than a job
> control language.
>
> Neither of us felt that CL programs were too much trouble, I think Mark
> simply sees CL as more of a primary focus than I.

+---