I often get this when trying to start PC5250 first thing. I usually take
Disconnect, then Connect from the Communications menu option and it's fine.
We IPL every night (don't ask <g>) and this usually happens the next day.

At 04:36 PM 2/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I occasionally see this when my PC is first connecting to the AS/400,
>and usually when the AS/400 is very busy (in my case usually running the
>nightly backup).  I find that just retrying the connection works in 99%
>of cases.  I presume you're not getting this message solidly and can't
>get connected at all ?
>... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 371-1111 x480