  • Subject: RE: PTF problems
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:06:16 -0600

I believe that once a PTF is marked as SUPERSEDED that, as you've found,
removing the one that superseded it will not change it's status.  Is
this actually preventing you from doing what you need to do with other
PTF applications ?
A slip install of OS/400, followed by reloading the latest cum PTF
package and any other individual PTF's, is a pain.  You could try
rebuilding the PTF index, with the system in a DEDICATED mode
preferably, by running:
..+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8...
/* REBUILD OUT OF SYNC PTF INDEX.     */
             DLTF       FILE(QUSRSYS/QAPZPTF4)  /* New for V3R1 */
             DLTF       FILE(QUSRSYS/QAPZPTF3)
             DLTF       FILE(QUSRSYS/QAPZPTF2)
             DLTF       FILE(QUSRSYS/QAPZPTF)
             CALL       PGM(QPZSYNC) PARM(C)

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com