Subject: Re: AS/400 and NT
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com > at INTERNET
Date:    2/14/98 4:14 PM

Is there such a thing as a conversion tool that can take our RPG code and
make it run on NT operating systems?

IBM's strong support of NT as an operating system has become so
all-consuming that it is becoming obvious that most small groups will be
forced to abandon OS/400 within a few years.   Providing system
conversions for these small groups seems like a good business opportunity.

Perhaps this is just the sort of thing Jon Paris is preparing us for with
the RPG-to-Java tool he was just asking  about?

It sure would be nice to have a "MJ" option in PDM like "SP", "DM", and
"EL" for "Make into Java".  Then we could run our libraries through it,
FTP the results to our PC's, and have full functionality under NT without
having to bother IBM anymore.

+---

+---