• Subject: QSTRUP modification
  • From: "Marc Zylka" <mzylka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:09:09 -0500

I'm curious, how do most people set up QSTRUP so that
most of the subsystems such as QINTER, QSPL, etc.
don't start up?  I'd like to prevent the starting of these
subsystems when doing system saves, PTF installs, etc.
so that no one signs as QSTRUP is run.  Once I
check everything out, then I'd like to start them up.

I've thought of setting up a data area, say STARTALL,
and set the one and only character to 'Y' for normal
operations and 'N' for the above explanation.  Or, is
there an even easier way?

TIA,
Marc Zylka (mzylka@netpath.net)

+---