Re: Upgrade Options

  • Subject: Re: Upgrade Options
  • From: Gary Feinstein <gfeinste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:24:32 -0500

fixed

Pete Hall wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Run wrksyssts and look at your non-db fault rates. On my CISC system, I try
>to keep them under 13 (lower for the system pool - around 1-2). RISC will be
>somewhat higher, but I'm not sure what the guideline should be. I'd guess
>about 20. If you have decent swap rates, and no ineligible waits, you have
>enough memory. If your CPU usage is close to 100% most of the time, you are
>CPU bound. Also, take a look at wrkdsksts. Your usage should be well below
>50%. Below 20% is better. If it is high, you ma
>
> hth
> Pete
Pete,
        By usage, I assume you mean %busy?  My usage is roughly 4% on each
drive. Although, this is probably so low due to the lack of heavy
processing right now. I just added another 30Gig DASD bringing me to a
total of 60Gig.  All disks are in a RAID5 array.  My original 16 are 2Gb
each, the new drives (8 of them) are 4Gb.  It looks like the data is
still being written to the new disks...half are at 90%, the others at
30%.  Will this have an big effect on my processing?
Gary
+---