• Subject: Win95 Shutdown Problem w/"CAN'T" - Temp solution
  • From: "Randy W." <rawong@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:31:32 -1000

Hi all,

In today's Window's Magazine Mike Eglan mailing list (or March 1998 paper
issue,) they posted a shutdown application that works for my shutdown
problems with IE4 and CA 3.1.2.   I choose "force shutdown immediately" as a
check box and my system has constantly shutdown or restarted.  I've been
shutdown happy this morning testing it.

Well, this doesn't address the real problem, i.e., MS, IBM or NetSoft, but
at least I can still use IE4 and "CAN'T" 3.1.2 and shutdown OK.   One of the
reasons I use IE is because sites such as MS Web site and others are more
assessable using IE.  Whenever I use Netscape, I too often get "server too
busy" message.

Here's the site as an explanation of the code.

Randy W.