  • Subject: RE: LDFX02 task - what is it?
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:43:10 -0700

Hmm - sounds like the vendor has a RISC system and is creating a common
install tape (specifying TGTRLS for V3R1M0) that will work for all
customers.  Of course, as you discovered, if you create/save for a CISC
release on a RISC machine, and restore it back to a RISC system, you
have no control over when the object conversion is done (just as if you
were restoring from RISC to CISC).
You could try asking the vendor to create your tape with TGTRLS for RISC
- which shouldn't be a big deal, but if he has to recreate all his
programs again (after already specifying a CISC TGTRLS) it could become
a bigger task.  For now I guess you'll just have to restore this stuff
after hours.  You should also make sure you NEVER restore this stuff
interactively, but always in a batch job (you didn't say how the job was
running).  I'd also suggest you may want to run the job at a low run
priority (maybe 60+).

PS - Ain't that audit journal a handy thing !   :-)

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com