  • Subject: RE: LDFX02 task - what is it?
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:55:07 -0700

Tasks beginning with 'LD'  are Load/Dump tasks.  Was some nice user
doing an interactive save or restore?
Or worse, as you have a RISC system, was some nice user restoring a
library from a CISC machine and specifying (either based on sysval
QFRCCVNRST, or via the FRCOBJCVN parm on RSTOBJ/RSTLIB) that CISC to
RISC object conversion should be done during the restore operation ?

Before I posted this I decided to see what IBM had to say about them,
here's what I found (looks like my last guess above is correct):

Item RTA000106735

Source..........: US     RSYS
Last updated....: 07/02/1997
Abstract........: What are tasks LDFX01, LDFX02, LDFX03?
Q:
Abstract: What are tasks LDFX01, LDFX02, LDFX03?

What are tasks LDFX01, LDFX02, and LDFX03?

1) What are these jobs?

2) Do we need to be concerned about the occurrences of these jobs?
   The APARs I found searching LDFX01 keyword seem to relate to possible
   damage during save/restore operations.

Thank you.

A:
Tasks LDFX01, LDFX02, and LDFX03 are conversion tasks that run related
to a restore operation.  They can occur, for example, if you save
programs on a CISC release and restore them on a RISC release.

On the RISC releases, there is the restore command option FRCOBJCVN
and system value QFRCCVNRST that control whether these jobs are
started by the restore or by a later invocation of STROBJCVN.  If you
defer the conversions, you can submit STROBJCVN to batch and run the
conversions at low priority rather than at high priority.

V3R2 does not have the system value or restore options, so the
conversion is always started as part of the restore.

More information about these tasks are available in APARs SA52952 and
II09367.

Thank you for using AS/400 technical Q&A.

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com