Re: Lexmark Optra 1620 Printing off the AS/400

  • Subject: Re: Lexmark Optra 1620 Printing off the AS/400
  • From: Gary Feinstein <gfeinste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:34:02 -0500

fixed

Kim,
        For V3R7 systems running TCP/IP printing, PTF SF38640 should solve your
print range problem.  As for printing multiple copies, try changing the
destination option on the output queue to read XAUTOQ.  It worked for
me.
Gary Feinstein
AS/400 System Administrator
Planet Hollywood International Inc.

Kim Lykins wrote:

> I have a Lexmark printer Optra 1620 printing off the network and the
> as/400 via tcp/ip.  It seems when printing a report from the as/400
> and you only want to print a range of pages say pages 1-5 of a 20
> page report the printer will print the entire report anyway.  Is
> this a limitation of the printer or am I doing something wrong.  I
> also bought a duplex unit for the printer and that works printing
> duplex from the as/400 (I haven't tried printing a range of pages
> though).
>
> Also, I have some labels that are designed in AFP. These labels do
> not print correctly on this printer either.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kim

+---