  • Subject: RE: Sending AS/400 file(on V3R0M5) to internet site.
  • From: "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:58:49 -0800

A simple way would be to use the CPYTOPCD command to copy the file to a
shared folder on the AS/400. The PC application would then check this
folder periodically to see if the file was there. Then it would send the
file and delete (or rename) it, then go back to sleep.

In order to avoid possible file contentions you could generate a unique
PC file name  (ex FTP0001.DTA) then use the DOS DIR command to a file
(DIR I:*.DTA >WORKFILE.TMP) then read the file to find out the file
names to be transferred.