>At a previous employer, our first AS/400 was a B60. It was in two
>large cabinets and tall. We then added an E20 which was very small
>and short. We named them C3PO (B60) and R2D2 (E20). We later
>replaced them with an Advanced Series AS/400 which was black. This
>machine was named Vader. The names were known in IS, but I don't
>think it was known by most of the users. The names were short,
>easy to reference and easy to remember.
Seems to be a popular theme... I recently saw a large(about the size of
four tower PC's) computer with "Locutus" taped to the front. Does this mean
I have to name my Series/1? BTW, does anyone on the list know anything
about the IBM Series/1(other than it's huge)? Mine is in three 19" racks,
has five hard drives, two tape drives and two I/O expansion boxes. And of
course it uses 220v, and I don't have any free 200 outlets. And while I'm
here, does anyone know of any System/36 or AS/400 systems for sale(or isn't
used often that I can use to learn on) in the Portland, OR area?

-JR  http://members.tripod.com/~jrollins/index.html
     http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/1681/