  • Subject: RE: Bug w/ Ping command?
  • From: PaulMmn <PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 22:01:50 -0600 (CST)

If your monitor job is a "NEP" (Never Ending Program) that just does
continuous monitoring, you -could- make your program count the number of
times it does its thing, and re-submit itself to the jobq, then quit.

It's not a fix, but a usable workaround.  (We've done similar things to keep
job logs from growing too large).

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com