  • Subject: Re: GUI source editors
  • From: David Murphy <dmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:36:08 -0800 (PST)

Our programmers evaluated Flex/EDIT about a year ago. They chose not to go
with it because the product doesn't (or didn't) support source file dates.
I.e., they wanted to be able to search on the change date in the source file
(as you can do in SEU) but the product either didn't bring the source files
attributes over or wouldn't send them back correctly (I forget which). If
this is a feature that's important to you, you may want to check elsewhere.

At 10:23 AM 12/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob Crothers wrote:
>>
>> I know there is a fairly popular GUI (WinTel based) source
>> editor for the as/400 but can not remember the name of it.
>>
>> I want to say "Flex Edit".  Is that what I am thinking about?
>>  Does anybody know what their web site is?
>>
>> My primary intererest is for ILE/C, but what ever I get must
>> also work with OPM/RPG and ILE/RPG and of course CL.
>>
>> It also must work over a TCP/IP connection and be able to run
>> under Windows NT v4.0.  Preferably, with NO router required.
>>
>> I have Code/400 but it seems rather "buggy" (V3R7 and Cume
>> C7252370) and requires the SNA router.
>>

>Aldon's flex/Edit - I've heard nothing but good things about it.
>
>it runs (or at least used to) as a template of  Codewrite for windows
>source editor, and handles all the languages you listed.
>
>I believe it's in the $500 per seat price range.
>
>regards,
>
>rick
>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to "MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com".