  • Subject: Changing Spool File Attributes
  • From: bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 97 11:44:58 CST

Stephen,

Though no where as easy as CHGSPLFA (which makes some sense as you are
definitely looking for a non-trivial degree of flexibility), you should be
able to accomplish this by way of system APIs.  You could use the List Spooled
Files (QUSLSPL) API with format SPLF0200 to list the APIs in the given *OUTQ
using keys such as 202 (Job name), 203 (User name), 204 (Job number), 219
(Internal spooled file identifier), 218 (Internal job identifier), and possibly
205 (Spool file number) to determine the last report generated for the current
job within this *OUTQ; and then use the Move Spooled File (QSPMOVSP) API with
the Source internal job identifier and Source internal spooled file identifier
returned by QUSLSPL (alternatively you could use CHGSPLFA rather than QSPMOVSP,
but the API will be faster as you already have the internal identifiers).

There may be an easier way, but this is the one that comes to mind first (for
me anyway).

Bruce Vining