  • Subject: Re: Fw: Zipping saved files - Was RE: Getting SaveFile fromPC
  • From: "Rich Garcia" <sys1rxg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:52:10 -0500
  • Cc: "Rick Garcia" <tsp4rx01@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PKZIP/400 will give the best compression rate when a file is larger.
Compressing save files in my experience will not compress a file as well.
To give some testing feedback, I recently zipped a file that was 102 MB
before compression, and 38 MB after. I think its worth getting the product.
If you are using PKZIP only for PC to AS400, it may be a waste though my
company has many platforms i.e. AS400's, Mainframe, Unix and PC Networks.
This product can be used across all platforms.

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com