  • Subject: RE: Remote AS/400 Console
  • From: Bob Crothers <bcrothers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:04:58 -0000

A connection via the ASCII workstation controller will work in a
restricted state.  NOT a CAWin connection, but as a terminal
such as VT100.  Of course if your connection should drop in the
middle of the SAVSYS, you'd be sunk.

Another method to accomplish this stuff off hours is to put it
all in a CL program.  Then start the program from the console.
 A sample (by no means complete!  This is something I just typed
from memory) program follows:

pgm

chgmsgq qsysopr *break sev(95) /* Get QSYSOPR, only want very
severe msg's! */

chktap tap01    /* make sure there is a tape in the drive! */

inztap tap01 check(*no) /* initialize it */

dlyjob rsmtime(2300)    /* wait till 11pm tonight. */

endsbs *all *immed

dlyjob dly(600)         /* wait 10 mintues for the end to restricted */

savsys tap01            /* save the operating system */
savdlo                  /* save QDLS documents */
savlib *nonsys          /* save all non-OS librarys
sav                     /* save IFS */

pwrdwnsys *immed restart(*yes)

endpgm