lg - Loyd Goodbar wrote:

> few years.) Is there a way to change the WAITRCD parameter from within
> RPG, or is that at CL-only function. For instance, a patron runs their
> card through the machine, and the account is still on the system. (We
> merge accounts periodically and mail the patron new cards, but
> sometimes the old one gets used.) If the account is valid, I want the
> screen to time out after 10 seconds. But if the account number is
> invalid, I'd like a timeout of say, 5 seconds...

Loyd,

INVITE is probably not the way to do this. You can specify the interval
with OVRDSPF, CRTDSPF or CHGDSPF. None of these are particularly good
options, since in all cases, the display file must be closed before the
command will have an impact. In the case of CRTDSPF and CHGDSPF, the
command won't even run unless the display file is closed. For your
application, a data queue is probably a better option. This will allow
you to specify a different interval each time you process a wait if you
want to. Create a data queue and attach it to the display file with the
DTAQ parameter of CHGDSPF, then in your program, write the display, but
instead of reading it again, execute a call to the QRCVDTAQ API,
specifying the wait time in seconds. The required parameters are:

 1  Data queue name    Input   Char(10)
 2  Library name       Input   Char(10)
 3  Length of data     Output  Packed(5,0)
 4  Data               Output  Char(*)
 5  Wait time          Input   Packed(5,0)

When the API returns to your program, compare the data parameter with
*BLANKS. If it is blank, the wait timed out. If not, read the display. I
haven't done this for a while either, but this should get you pretty
close.

--
Pete Hall
peteh@earth.inwave.com