Sean P. Donaghey wrote:

> This doesn't exist at all.  Even on the latest OS400.  IBM has a new Client
> Access for Windows 95 (V3R1M3) in beta, and IBM states that when the client
> goes GA, it will have the TCPIP device naming capability, and also TCPIP
> printing.  I guess it will also require some OS400 ptfs also, not just a new
> client.
>

> >Does V3R2 TCP/IP support named devices? In many of our applications
> required
> >that we route data to a specific device by name. That name is setup in a
> >table(s). So getting a new device(qpadevxxxx) etc everytime you won't work.
> >Can we do this with 3.2? or is it only on the RISC versions?
> >
> >Kirk Goins - Systems Administrator
> >Legacy Health Systems

There is a form of naming devices in TCP/IP but it is currently
only supported using Network Stations and the newer version of
Network Station Manager for AS/400............

I am not really sure how it is different from "normal" TCP/IP but it is
an option in the NS manager.....

Maybe one of the IBM folks could comment on this.....