  • Subject: RCLSTG: The Timings
  • From: PaulMmn <PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:03:56 -0500

For those who have asked the age-old question, "How long will a RCLSTG take
on my machine," I have 2 possible answers.  Of course, your mileage may
vary:  the number of objects on your system, jobs in the system, size of
the objects, etc., etc. may cause your performance to be different.

With that said, here are 2 times:

System 'A'
        Approximately 8 hours to RCLSTG

        AS/400 Model 320
        Aux Storage 256 Gigabytes       82.3598% occupied; 827 libraries
                108 model 6606, 20 model 6607 disk drives
                System drive is Mirrored; all other drives RAID
        Memory: 1.57 Gigabytes
        Jobs in System:  Approx. 11000 (mostly on OUTQs)
        % Perm addresses used: 42%
        % temp addresses used: .308
        Pools: Machine- 200 Meg
                *Base - 1373 Meg

        System 'A' has been installed for about 2-3 years and has NEVER
        had a RCLSTG run on it.

System 'B'
        Approximately 3 hrs, 45 minutes

        AS/400 Model 640/2239
        Aux Storage: 436.2 Gigabytes    55% used
                RAID
        Memory: 4.194 Gigabytes
        Jobs in System:   7568  (how quickly printouts accumulate)
        % Perm:  .009
        % termp: .013
        Pools:  I didn't check    ):

        System 'B' is brand-new