At 09:29 AM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there an easy way to retreive, inside a CL, the version of the OS
(v3r2m0, v4r1m0 ...)?
> I would like a solution that work from version v3r2m0 and up. I tried
looking at the system values but there is none that i could see.

0001.00              PGM
0002.00              DCL        VAR(&APIPARMLEN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
0003.00              DCL        VAR(&APIPARM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1000)
0004.00              DCL        VAR(&APIERRCDE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
0005.00              DCL        VAR(&PRDINF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(27) +
0006.00                           VALUE('*OPSYS *CUR  0000*CODE     ')
0007.00              DCL        VAR(&VRM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
0008.00
0009.00              CHGVAR     VAR(%BIN(&APIPARMLEN 1 4)) VALUE(1000)
0010.00              CHGVAR     VAR(%BIN(&APIERRCDE 1 4)) VALUE(0)
0011.00
0012.00              CALL       PGM(QSZRTVPR) PARM(&APIPARM &APIPARMLEN +
0013.00                           PRDR0100 &PRDINF &APIERRCDE)
0014.00              CHGVAR     VAR(&VRM) VALUE(%SST(&APIPARM 20 6))

Hope this helps.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.