I though the following messages from Johnnie Dodson and Al Darby regarding
Uwe Goldenbaum passing away would be of interest to some members of the
list.  Uwe was a frequent attendee at COMMON US even though he was from
Europe.  We will miss him.

From: Johnnie Dodson <johnnied@us.ibm.com>

My dear friends,

It is with great sadness on this Thanksgiving Day to inform you that Uwe
Goldenbaum was killed in an auto accident last night at 10:00 PM Switzerland
time (4:00 PM New York time) near his home in Winterthur, Switzerland.  He
had
left a pizzeria alone and was driving home when he lost control of his car.
The police said that he was killed instantly.  I had been with Uwe, his
girlfriend (Melina), and my wife (Wanda) for the last several days on
vacation
in Switzerland.  Wanda and I left Switzerland just 12 hours earlier for
home.
He was in great spirits and good health.  I cannot tell you the shock we
were
in when we got a phone call from Melina just three hours after arriving back
home here in Kentucky.  This is all of the details I have right now.  As
soon
as I know more, I will let you know.  Please remember him in your thoughts
and
prayers today and give thanks for knowing such a wonderful man and also
remember Melina and Uwe's family.

Regards,

Johnnie

Sr. Executive Consultant   --   RS/6000 Executive Briefing Centers
Tel:  (513) 762-2902     T/L:  766-9924     Fax:  (606) 746-3973

From: "Allen R Darby" <al@eagle.com.au>

I have been asked to write an obituary for Uwe, to be published in our
COMMON Knowledge newsletter.

I write to you to ask your assistance in this unhappy venture.  Any stories,
details of his life (I know when he was born, but not where), the names of
his ex-wife and children, education, qualifications, track record in COMMON,
accomplishments, remembrances, funny stories (now that could fill a book),
his love of life, his lack of fear for death, anything and everything will
be appreciated.

Any photos you can email or mail (I'll return them all).

Obviously, it won't all get published, but when I get it all together, I'll
send copies to each of you.

We all share the same loss of a good friend and colleague, so let's
celebrate his life the best we can, by sharing amongst ourselves, our
memories.

Many heartfelt thanks!

Al
al@eagle.com.au
www.eagle.com.au
Allen R Darby : Eagle Systems & Programming Pty Ltd
24 Mentmore Avenue, Rosebery, NSW, 2018, Australia
phone: +61 2 9663-4076 -- facsimile: +61 2 9662-4912

"Old age and treachery always wins over youth and skill!"
                      -- Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings

Charlie Massoglia, Massoglia Technical Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 1065, Okemos, MI 48854, USA
517-676-9700  Fax: 517-676-1006  EMAIL: cmassoglia@voyager.net