Re: New Survey 53% Finished,nearly or more than 1/2 finished Y2k

  • Subject: Re: New Survey 53% Finished,nearly or more than 1/2 finished Y2k
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <qappdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:01:40 +0000

fixed

Glenn Ericson wrote:

> How  do you fit this reporting?
> Does it truly  represent the state of AS/400 land?
> <snip>
>  Achieving year 2000 compliance will take one year of full-time labor for
>  every 100,000 LOCs. However, the costs of not solving this issue --
>  business failure, lost opportunities and customer dissatisfaction -- make
>  the solution a true competitive advantage.

  Sounds a little like the usual uninformed, inflammatory press run rampant
again.  I don't think we are anywhere near 100,000 lines of date related code.
think that's really the heart of the issue for any installation....not how many
programs or LOC make up an application, but how many date sensitive functions
are
out there and how large is your date field(s).

IMHO what we will witness is a HUGE draw on the national electric grid as we
fire
up a wholesale recompile of every program and blistered disk arms from a weekend
of CPYF *MAP after our well prepared, fully documented, date routines/modules
are
put into place. ;-)     (keep the fire extinguishers fully charged!)

+---