  • Subject: Re: Offload from the AS/400
  • From: Mark Bauman <mlbauman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:46:12 -0600 (CST)

Howdie!

I hate to post an advertisement but after seeing Art T.'s posting on
entering a "debate about offloading AS/400 to PCs"", I wondered if the
following might help?  I hope they don't mind me posting this and I hope
you all don't either...

 Mark L. Bauman

 Subject: Need Help Closing That AS/400e series 4Q97 Business?

  Need Help Closing That AS/400e series 4Q97 Business?
  Don't Wait...Call Us Now at 1-888-426-9851!

  Nov. 5, 1997

  ANY opportunity is important and SPEED is paramount to the
  Rochester Opportunity Center staff.  They have processed more than
  100 opportunities and numerous information requests from ALL the
  geographies to help close 4Q97 business.

  Recently, they've:
  --  Assisted closing $3.46 million in unforecasted fourth-quarter
      sales;
  --  Announced "AS/400e...Sell and Sail" Program which has
      produced a number of leads for the Sales organization;
  --  Resolved ISV pricing issues that were causing delays in sales;
  --  Assisted Business Partner with competitive replacement;
  --  Responded to requests for AS/400e product information;
  --  Coordinated creative financing solutions;
  --  Assisted large travel agent in consolidating three European
      country systems into one large system;
  --  Expedited orders;
  --  Provided loaners to assist in large-multiple (1,000 systems) bid
      and to a European bank;
  --  Scheduled executive customer calls;
  --  Arranged for lab experts to speak with customers; and
  --  Provided technical expertise on NT IPCS, proof-of-concept
      application, data consolidation, Domino, etc.

  ROCHESTER OPPORTUNITY CENTER

  Telephone: 1-888-426-9851 or tie-line 553-7056
  Fax:       tie-line 553-6407
  e-mail:    RCHAS400@us.ibm.com
  Hours:     7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Standard Time
             Off-hour appointments available