  • Subject: Re: Offload from the AS/400
  • From: "Jeffrey M. Carey" <jeffreycarey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 08:10:43 -0600

I think your best bet is to lay out the costs and time table.  Tell them
you can upgrade your 400 for X dollars, using X man hours and X
downtime.

Or you can convert to a PC application for X dollars (software and
hardware costs), X man MONTHS (programming & testing) and x downtime
(remember the downtime on the LAN?)

Guess which will cost more!